9/21/11

POL ROGER IN MY HEART

Upon arrival to the private office of champagne Pol Roger I noticed that the Swedish flag was in front of the house as an honour to us and that made us feel very special and welcome.

The champagne house of Pol Roger dated back to 1849 in Epernay and is still one of very few houses that are still privately owned with Christian Pol Roger and others in the family.

You can not write anything about this house with out mentioning sir W.Churchill who in 1908 bought his first bottle of Pol Roger and stayed unwavering client thru his life and called the house “the most delightful address in the world”

When Churchill died in 1965 the house declared mourning and in 1975 to celebrate the 10: th anniversary of his death the pay an tribute to an old friend by launching the Cuvee Sir Winston Churchill.
Entering the cellars of Pol Roger was a fantastic experience with all the new fermentation tanks and newly restored cellars, I have never seen something like this during my travels in wine countries, I can just say WOW..

Even more amazing is that everything is totally manually made with even the remuage made on every single bottle by hand, I don’t know any other champagne houses that are doing that considering the volume that they put out every year, I have the greatest respect to this great house.
The VIP tasting of all the wines in the range was a tremendous treat and an unforgettable memory that will stay with me until the next visit J


I sure believe in the sun & wine god   







No comments:

Post a Comment